Jared Kellenick (Seattle Mariners) was left in tears after he was injured in a split-second decision.

“Kelenic fractured his left foot when he kicked a bucket of water,” MLB.com, the official website of Major League Baseball, reported on 21 January.

Kelenic stepped up to the plate with runners on first and second in the bottom of the ninth inning of a home game against the Minnesota Twins on 20 April, with the team trailing 3-6.

He battled Minnesota reliever Joan Duran for nine pitches, but was stranded on a grounder to short. Seattle was unable to turn the game around and suffered a three-run loss.

Heartbroken that he couldn’t capitalise on the comeback opportunity, Kelenic returned to the dugout after striking out and kicked a bucket of water. The result was a fractured left foot.

Kelenic was in tears when he met with the media later in the day. “I feel terrible. I’m sorry for my teammates. I let my emotions get the better of me, and I let everyone down. It’s all on me. I shouldn’t have done it,” he regretted.

While surgery is not required, a long-term absence is inevitable. “It’s a broken bone, so it’s going to take time to recover,” said Seattle head coach Scott Servais. Kelenic won’t be able to move for a while.”

Kelenic, who broke into the big leagues in 2021, is batting .252 with 11 home runs, 45 RBIs, 43 runs scored and 12 stolen bases in 90 games this year. After batting in the teens for the past two years, he was on his way to a career-high when an unfortunate error derailed him.카지노사이트

“Nobody feels worse than Kelenic,” said Service, “and it’s a lesson for him and all the players.” “Players get frustrated when they don’t get the results they want,” he said. But you have to be able to control your emotions and that’s what makes you a professional.”

Meanwhile, Korean Major League Baseball’s Kim Ha-seong (San Diego Padres) also suffered an injury to his left foot when he kicked a bucket of water after making an error at first base against the New York Mets on 9 September.

Fortunately, the injury was not severe and he was able to play again in two days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *